7-The Best Budget Accommodation In The Daintree Rainforest
The Best Budget Accommodation In The Daintree Rainforest
Listed here are a couple of great budget and backpacker holiday accommodation options that have dormitory accommodation choices. Staying in these shared accommodation places is an ideal way for the single traveller to get to know and meet other travellers from all over the world. You never know you may all decide to go and join together and travel to other destinations now you are friends.
This is budget, getting close to nature, accommodation set in the depths of the Daintree Rainforest located in some of the last remaining lowland rainforest in Cape Tribulation.
This budget accommodation is ideal for those travelling single, with friends or the whole family.
- Location: set in 21 acres of the Daintree Rainforest see the passing wildlife from your veranda: Monitor Lizards, Cassowaries, Bandicoots, Boyds Dragons and an abundance of other tropical mammals, birds and insects.
- Huts: constructed from a timber frame and structural roof with canvas walls.
- Accommodation: beds have extra netting to make sure that the only wildlife you see is the invited kind! The high ceilings and fan allow for cool ventilation and the shade of the rainforest canopy above means that they stay cool.
Multi-share dorm rooms:
These dorm rooms have a maximum of 2 bunks (4 beds) and have their own rainforest veranda. Shower and toilet facilities are available in a shared amenities block only a few metres away.
Self-catering with fully equipped large kitchen and grocery store on site
Kingfisher Café is open for breakfast and dinner with cheap set priced hot and cold food so you can stick to your budget easily.
Gecko Licensed bar: happy hour 6:00pm-7:00 pm
Tours and Activities:
- Self-guided walks from the Village
- Sea Kayaking
- Guided day and night forest walks
- Sunrise paddle treks
- Daintree Discovery Centre
- Jungle Bugs and Butterflies – Entomological Museum
- Jungle Surfing
- Snorkelling – Great Barrier Reef
- 4WD Tour to Bloomfield
- Exotic fruit tasting
- Crocodile river cruise
- Horse riding – beach and rainforest
- Overnight kayak tours to Snapper Island
- Jungle Archery
- Bicycle hire
- Kids Club (in school holidays)
- Board games
- Swimming pool
- Waterhole swimming
- Three national park walks
- 3km Crocodylus Jungle Walk
The Ferntree Rainforest Resort is set back in the heart of the coastal Daintree Rainforest just a short stroll from Cape Tribulation’s Mayall Beach and the wonderful mangrove boardwalks. Ideal for budget travelling families, couples and singles.
Construction: Low pitched buildings set in gardens with verandas.
Accommodation: 6 bed dormitory. All dormitory rooms have ensuite facilities (toilet and shower). Does not include wifi or breakfast and rates are per bed per night.
- Horse riding
- Landscaped swimming pool