Where: Cairns Esplanade, Western Event Lawn, North Queensland, Australia
Starts: 6pm 31 Dec 2015
Ends: 12am 01 Jan 2016
Free entertainment & two firework displays at 9.00pm and 12.00 pm
Cairns City Council always prides itself with putting on a great celebration party for New Year’s Eve celebrations for everyone to enjoy(with sponsorship from Rattle & Hum).
Located on the scenic Cairns Esplanade in Tropical North Queensland, Australia, this outdoor venue will come alive for its biggest New Year’s Eve party yet.
There will be live entertainment from 6pm onwards with a host of talent and acts to appeal to all ages and tastes, from children’s entertainment to adult toe tapping funk.
There’s going to be an explosion of funk and soul with Sydney funk/soul artist James Fox Higgins who will bring his nine-piece band to Cairns to headline the celebrations.
Combining soul, retro pop, jazz and a dash of disco, with influences being Jamiroquai, The Brand New Heavies, Sneaky Sound system, Stan Walker, The Brand New Heavies and Katie Noon prepared to get your feet tapping and your body bopping for this funk extravaganza.
Watch You Tube video here
Reggae outfit Paua from Brisbane will be playing with their fusion of musical flavours and harmonic vocals. With their sunny tropical beat they are the perfect band to groove to.
These great acts will be supported by the best of local talent which include
- The Dialers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNYnZEwHv_s,
- The Nightshift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlgFfKm4tCc
- Chris Ah Gee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93nHofBrpRE
Back by popular demand the Family Doyle Fun Show will entertain the young ones and keep them entertained.
At 9.00 pm the first fireworks show will light up the sky, which will then be followed by music from Paua. James Fox Higgins will be on stage from 10.30pm to allow everyone to dance and strut their funky stuff until the fireworks countdown of 2015 and welcome in 2016 at 12.00 pm midnight.
All the entertainment on the Cairns Esplanade is free and is open to everyone of all-ages. Rachel Bradley ‘the famous singing face painter’ will also be entertaining the kids in the kid’s space on the Eastern Lawn.
31 December 2015
- Starts: 6pm
- Ends: 12.00pm
- Type: Free Entry, Music and Entertainment, Family Activity, Community Event
- Location: Cairns Esplanade Western Event Lawn
- Disability Access: Yes
- Cost: Free
- Alcohol: No
2015 New Year’s Eve Accommodation Near the Cairns Esplanade
If at all possible it is best to be near the Cairns Esplanade in North Queensland, Australia with a short walk from the local bars, restaurants and action of the New Year’s Eve celebrations. Also if you wish to see the fireworks from your holiday room please ask for assistance from our Cairns Holiday Specialists team and they can advise on the last minute availability of rooms with the correct aspect or view.
***Please note quite a number of the Cairns hotels and resorts will have a minimum 2 night stay policy and they will be charging all accommodation at full rates with no discounts for New Years Eve***
Dining on New Year’s Eve 2015 – Cairns, Tropical North Queensland, Australia
Pullman Cairns international – Coco’s Restaurant, Cairns
Located at the lobby level of this prestigious holiday resort, Pullman Cairns International Coco’s Restaurant, Cairns is one of the best restaurants in the area. Coco’s Restaurant are laying on a special New Year’s Eve indulgent feast featuring local seafood and a welcome glass of Mumm French Champagne.
- Bookings from 7:30pm
- With live band "Juicy Red Fly" to keep you dancing ‘til 12:30am, you’ll be counting down to 2016 in style!
- Cost of ticket:
- $99 Adult
- $85 Accor Plus
- $80 Teen (13-17 years)
- $45 Child (4-12 years)
6/2 Pierpoint Road, Cairns - 07 4041 7733
The Salt House is keeping it classy for their New Year’s Eve entertainment package. Their glamorous Hollywood New Year’s Eve party offers packages for both drinkers and diners with a celebrity fancy dress theme. With great food and top class entertainment this will be night to remember. The celebrations here will also give you a good view of the fireworks over the Cairns Esplanade.
- $120 restaurant package includes welcome champagne Chandon and canapes on arrival and a three course set menu.
- $99 cocktail party package offers two-hour canapes and drinks from 6.30-8.30pm, including Belvedere Vodka and Belvedere Red Bulls to keep you going
- Entertainment is from Australia’s Got Talent finalist Rhys Tolhurst and his band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7EHbniy1E
- Simply Tina! – a high-energy Tina Turner tribute outfit will rock you down to midnight to the spectacular firework display at 12.00.
- 6pm - late
43 Shields Street, Cairns
Ochre Restaurant, Cairns is a highly esteemed restaurant in central Cairns that is highly regarded due to its high quality and creativity of its food. Known for crafting native ingredients into modern cuisine with an edge. They have a special New Year’s Eve set menu to take your taste buds tingling into 2016. Most people choose to eat at the earlier sittings then walk to the Cairns Esplanade to see the firework New Year’s Eve spectacle.
- 2 Course $66
- 3 Course $80
- Licensed bar
- Sitting times: 5.30 – 6.30, 7.30 – 9.30 and 9.30 – 12.00
Restaurants on the Esplanade:
These are a selection of restaurants within easy walk of the fireworks. Come early and dine as a family or have a meal before wandering across the road for the best vantage spot for the 12.00 pm fireworks.
103 Esplanade, Cairns
This is one of the finest seafood restaurants in Cairns and is the perfect place to enjoy the scenery and fine dining. The will be using their normal menu and will be customising every guests requirements individually. The restaurant will be open till 12.00 and they are just across the road from viewing the firework displays.
- With seating for 60, they are filling up fast.
- All bookings to be sent via email to: email@example.com
- Licensed bar
- Open till 12.00pm
101 Esplanade, Cairns
Spacious airy seafood restaurant with Japanese and modern Australian cuisine with a creative twist.
Last orders in the restaurant are at 11.00pm, restaurant closing around 12.00 pm. They have a licensed bar.
Shangri-La Hotel Restaurant
The Marina, Cairns
The restaurant at the Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns offers elegant dining with waterfront views across Trinity Inlet and the Coral Sea to the lush mountains. The cuisine is modern Australia. At the North Bar you can enjoy champagne and boutique beers.
Restaurant is open till 9.30pm
North Bar open till 12.00pm
Harbour Lights, 3/1 Marlin Parade,
Dundee’s Restaurant has great waterfront views and serves finest steaks from the grill with pastas, seafood and speciality Australian foods.
- Normal a la carte menu
- Restaurant open till 12.00 (last orders 11.00)
- Licensed bar until 12.00
Partying on New Year’s Eve
Kryptonite New Year’s Eve Party
57-89 Grafton Street, Cairns - 07 4041 6566
Discover your inner superhero or villain at the largest fancy dress themed party in town. Kryptonite is being held at Gilligan’s and The Attic and features:
- MC Losty from Sydney
- Ben Morris from Sydney
- Dimatik from Adelaide
- DMH – Support Act
- Bad Habitz – Support Act
- Cost for presale tickets $25
35-41 Wharf Street, Cairns - 07 4030 8888
This night has jam packed entertainment all for free at the Vertigo Bar at the Reef Hotel Casino in Cairns.
- The Voice finalist Rob Edwards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1yKQho5dY
- The Tall Poppies, - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jnpp4MpkiU
- 3’s A Crowd - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGROUNAxYco
- Sweet K https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozjsHWfls9g
- Entry is from 6pm
- At the Reef Casino there is the biggest balloon drop in town and a chance to win a Fiat hatchback.
- If you wish to stay next to this New Year’s Eve action then the Pullman Reef Casino is a wonderful place to stay for your holiday.
Witika – New Year’s Eve Festival
225 Greer Road, Mirriwinni – 70km South of Cairns
This is a doof that will have you pumping to the tunes on this New Year’s Eve Festival. Featuring a huge cast of national, international and local DJ’s, this festival will run over three days. Headline acts include:
- Headroom (South Africa)
- Vertigo 9 Italy
- Audiophonic Mexico
- Basic – Israel
- Elfo – Italy
- Meis – Italy
- Pack your camping gear - $100 at the gates.
Pucker Up – The Jack
Corner of Spence and Sheridan Street, Cairns
New Year’s Eve 2015/2016 is going to be a big party. They are lining up some great entertainment in this iconic pub in Cairns and all free. It’s aptly called Pucker Up as they are going to aim for the biggest simultaneous kiss on midnight (bring your mints!). Live Acts include:
- Dr Elephant : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaotLoQz35w
- Funk ‘n’ Furious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXZe5Wigxc0
- DJ Gusto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtUrt5ekv1Y
- Buttaphingaz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XXqZeo4OCc
- Visual spectacular from Culture Mechanices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhe6ZlAWenY
- 4 Entertainment areas
- Chillout Zones
- Surprise Countdown Spectacular
- Free Entry
The Pier Bar
The Pier Shopping Centre 1 Pierpoint Road, Cairns
This iconic venue is well located at the Pier, Cairns with views across the waterfront out to the Coral Sea and is a prime place to see the amazing fireworks displays. Sip on your bubbles and enjoy the amazing pyrotechnic displays light up the last night sky of 2015.
- Entry is $10
- Band – Mojo Jackets playing till 12.00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeyotkGVXI8
- Open 9pm – 5am
- Happy hour 5-7 pm on wines, beers and spirits
Fitzroy island is a tropical island paradise of rainforests and pristine beaches within the calm waters of the Coral Sea, Great Barrier Reef just near Cairns. It is a listed National Park and is the ideal place to celebrate saying goodbye to 2015 and hello to the new 2016. It’s only a 45 minute trip across on a tour boat to get to the party, with licensed bar and tunes on board to get you in the mood.
Your ticket will include:
- Return ferry (3 return ferry times) 12.15, 1.00, 2.30
- A welcome drink with light meal on arrival at Foxy’s Beach Bar (vegetarian options available)
- Preferential drinks prices all night
- Quality DJ’s
- Live music with Adelaide band – Clearway- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtoMnAo-VJM
- Games with great prizes
- Discount Booklet with $1000 of vouchers
- Free Entry to Cairns Clubs on return (there’s no 3am lockout in Cairns this year)
- Dress – Tropical Casual – with covered footwear
- Cost $90
- Or stay the night
Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party Tour
07 4041 0332 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to avoid the queues and have some VIP treatment for Cairns New Year’s Eve 2015/2016 then jump on a New Year’s Eve tour, where you can join other party goers in having a trouble free merry New Year.
There are 3 tours. Tours 1 and 2 include a bus trip visiting 3 bars and clubs and a BBQ meal at the start of the evening. Tour 3 is a party boat cruise, complete with fireworks, pizza and DJ.
- Tour 1 starts at 5.30 from the Courthouse and will end at Gilligans.
- Tour 2 starts at 6.30 at Gilligans and will finish at the Reef Casino nightclub Velvet Underground
- Party Bus Tours are $70 per Head, you get:
- 3 bars and clubs
- Free VIP entry to all venues
- 90 minutes at each venue
- BBQ meal at the start of the evening
- Free Pizza during the evening
- Party games and entertainment (join in or watch on – it’s up to you)
- $140 worth of gift vouchers
- Bus transfers to and from each venue
- $200 worth of entries on the club card
- $70 worth of club entries
- 3 free shots and queue jumping all night – no waiting in lines
- Tour 3: Sunset party and firework tour that starts at 5.30pm from the Pier Bar. This tour includes a free shot. The boat will leave at 7pm and will take you on a 2.5 hours cruise where you will have all-you-can-eat pizza with an on-board DJ and view the 9.00pm fireworks. Back at the Pier you will have free entry and a free drink where you can see the New Year in at 12.00 from this great vantage point. If you wish to visit another nightclub afterwards there is free entry for you to party the night away.
- Boat Trip Tour $85 per head
Cairns New Year's Eve Road Closure & Parking Restrictions Information
Closure 10am Thursday 31 December 2015 until 6am Friday 01 January 2016- Cairns Esplanade from Shields to Aplin Streets.
Car Parks closed 6am Thursday 31 Dec 2014 until 6am Friday 01 January 2016 - Cairns Espalanade from Shields to Aplin Streets.
Emergency vehicles will be permitted access at all times.
Delivery access will not be possible during the road closure.