1-The Most Unusual Accommodation In The Daintree Rainforest
The Most Unusual Accommodation in the Daintree Rainforest
Quirky Accommodation Daintree Rainforest
Each of the following holiday accommodation options have something to boast about and those are of being one of the largest holiday houses in the Daintree Rainforest and the other holiday accommodation chalets that are built like tree houses high up on stilts. You certainly won’t forget staying in the Daintree Rainforest, especially in such memorable holiday accommodation choices like these.
- Built in 1993 by renowned South African architect, Gavin Paddock.
- Based on the design and concepts of a New Guinean long house.
- Size: 500 sq m
- Constructed with 100 tonnes of timber
- Largest single house construction in the Daintree Rainforest, Qld
- Timber was shipped in from Kashmir, South Africa, The United States and New Guinea.
- Design: Contemporary feel with polished wood floors
- Hand-made bamboo beds
- Antique furnishings
- Built in 1985
- Located on the banks of the Mossman River in the Daintree Rainforest in 80 acres
- Features private villas set high on supporting poles overhanging the Mossman River and high in the rainforest canopy.
- From 1993 200 endangered rainforest species were reintroduced in the grounds. So giving Silky Oaks amazingly lush surroundings.
- An extensive refurbishment program to the 32 Deluxe Treehouses and 11 Riverhouses and main lodge and spa has added freshness and design to the Lodge that gives this resort a 5 star elegance - a true luxury rainforest retreat.
- With custom designed furnishings and using sustainable materials this resort oozes style through every wood panel.
- With amazing views from every window and stilted veranda and with the restaurant overlooking the scenic Mossman River, this truly is a stunning and unusual architectural resort that has been designed and built to harmonise fully with the surroundings.
For further rainforest retreats and unique accommodation amongst the Daintree National Park click here or contact our local holiday specialists on 1300780806. Transport and guided tours of Daintree and Cape Tribulation National Park can be arranged to ensure your holiday is a memorable one.